Saturday, September 10, 2016

The next Mega Shuffle: Final Fantasy



This November, M Disk will release the second Mega Shuffle episode. This one will focus on the main numbered entries of the Final Fantasy series. This episode will analyze, and discuss which track from each game garnished the most attention, and memories from people across the internet, and why. So like the Sonic CD episode, I cannot do an episode like this alone.

Firstly, I will have a special guest joining me for this one. Longtime Final Fantasy fan, and appreciator of its music, Newtypelady will be helping me as we compile this list of Final Fantasy greats.

Secondly, I will be conducting surveys across the internet, and on my Twitter account asking for your input on what your favorite Final Fantasy track is from each game, and WHY you like it. So I'm not really looking for "list your favorite FF tracks!" I'm looking specifically for how, and why your favorite track from each game resonated with you the most. Do you like how a particular piece was used in the game? Did a particular piece make you feel something you've never felt before? Are you in awe of how a particular piece was composed? Did any particular piece inspire your life and/or career in some way? Stuff like that.

As I said, this will cover the main numbered entries of Final Fantasy. 1 through 14. None of the spin-offs, or sequels. 15 is ineligible only because it's not out yet. The cut off for submitting your favorites/recollections will be October 14th. So, roughly a month from this post.

Now, originally, I had a Koji Kondo episode planned for November. That episode has been delayed, so that more planning can go into producing a great episode about the career and games of Koji Kondo.

You can e-mail me your responses to mdiskplaylist at gmail.com, or you can DM me your responses to Twitter @mdiskplaylist.

Thank you all in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment