Konami may have given us Castlevania, Metal Gear, and Silent Hill. But what about Contra? Goemon? Gradius? Suikoden? Those sound familiar?
Konami gave us many memorable games, many memorable soundtracks, memorable uses of the Ninja Turtles franchise, and memorable uses of the orchestra hit sound.
This episode aims to focus on the musical accomplishments of Konami's lesser appreciated (in today's world) games, and for us to forget about what Konami has become over the years.
Also available on Stitcher
1. Escape from Bucky O'Hare
2. Stage 1 Jungle/Stage 7 Hangar from Contra
3. Captain Jack Grandale Mix from Dance Dance Revolution series
4. Impregnable Fortress Stage 7 from Gradius V
5. Theme of Mystical Ninja from Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
6. Old LA 2020 from Policenauts
7. One Night in Neo Kobe City from Snatcher
8. Boss Battle 2 from Sparkster
9. The Chase from Suikoden II
10. The Great Petal from Sunset Riders
11. Technodrome The Final Shellshock from TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
12. Kirai 1 from TMNT: Tournament Fighters
Policenauts English patch
VGMO interview with Tomoya Tomita
VGMO interview with Masanori Adachi & Hirofumi Taniguchi