Tuesday, August 16, 2016

2016 State of Fall

So we're approaching the final four months of the year. I figured that since I have gotten the last few episodes of 2016 planned, mostly, I would announce what's in store for the remainder of 2016.

September 2016 - Episode 18: Castlevania


The Castlevania series is truly one of the best. Everything about it works to near perfection. The protagonists, the antagonists, the settings, the aesthetics, the monsters, and of course, the soundtrack. Joining me for this episode will be Cryptvault from the Tapes from the Crypt blog. Because of this, we will also use this opportunity to promote the thrifting side of gaming, and/or game collecting. I should also add, this episode will focus on the classic/original Castlevania series. No spin-offs, and none of the games in the Lords of Shadow series. Maybe I'll devote some posts here to the spin-offs and the Lords of Shadow games. But for this episode, I want to focus on the classic/original games.

October 2016 - Episode 19: Inon Zur


Dragon Age, Fallout, Prince of Persia, Crysis...he's composed for some big games, and some memorable franchises. His work was briefly highlighted in the title screen episode. But a guy with the talent and resume that Inon Zur has deserves more than just an overview of one track. Joining me for this episode will be singer-songwriter, and composer Mimi Page. This will make the Inon Zur episode that much better, as she has experience working with him on multiple occasions. So who better to talk about Inon Zur with than someone who has worked with him, right?

November 2016 - Episode 20: Koji Kondo


Koji Kondo is the pioneer of video game music. Nearly every game composer has been inspired by him in some way. So of course there has to be an episode devoted to the games he's worked on. There isn't a guest currently planned for this episode, but there is still time to find one.

December 2016 - Episode 21: Super Shuffle - Chill Out



The holidays can be extremely stressful and demanding. And no matter how stressful and demanding it is for you, it's at least twice as much for retail workers (three times if you work at Hobby Lobby). So for those people, I will be doing a super shuffle episode devoted to the most relaxing, most atmospheric, most soothing video game music out there. This is my way to help anyone unwind from the demands of the holiday season. I want to try to post this as early into December as humanly possible. 

Now, this is all tentative. Plans can change, schedules can be updated, etc etc etc. But I wouldn't be making this post if I wasn't confident that these plans will happen. Of course if things do change, I will update this post. 

In addition to those, I will soon be planning the next Mega Shuffle episode. The last one was devoted to the soundtracks of Sonic CD. The next one will be even bigger. So big, I MIGHT have a guest appear to help me out. The next Mega Shuffle episode will be devoted to the music of Final Fantasy. What does that mean exactly? Not telling just yet. Wait until after the Castlevania episode is posted. 

Till next time, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment