Sunday, July 22, 2018

VGM Primer narrator wanted!

The M Disk Playlist VGM Primer, in less than a year, has become my favorite hobby project. I have so much fun working on it. At the same time, working on it can feel time consuming at times. Only because I'm not as home as much as I would like to be, due to my IRL job. Basically, to complete one episode of the VGM Primer, I need to do the following:

-Write an outline/script (which includes researching games to be included in the upcoming episode)
-Record the outline/script
-Edit the recorded audio
-Download footage for the video version of the primer
-Edit the footage to mThe M Disk Playlist VGM Primer, in less than a year, has become my favorite hobby project. I have so much fun working on it. At the same time, working on it can feel time consuming at times. Only because I'm not as home as much as I would like to be, due to my IRL
job. Basically, to complete one episode of the VGM Primer, I need to do the following:

-Write an outline/script (which includes researching games to be included in the upcoming episode)
-Record the outline/script
-Edit the recorded audio
-Download footage for the video version of the primer
-Edit the footage to match the audio
-Add appropriate background music to the video
-Render the video
-Render the complete audio
-Upload the video
-Upload the audio
-Post the outline/script to blog
-Promote

The most time consuming part in all this is finding time to record my outline/script. So I'm reaching out to you, faithful reader/listener/viewer. How would you like to contribute to the VGM Primer yourself? How would you like your voice to be heard on something that promotes videogame music and how they enhance the gaming experience?

If you have a good quality mic, the ability to narrate, the time to edit your recording, and most importantly, the passion for at least one of the videogames featured in the upcoming primer, then you may be eligable for a chance to record part of the VGM Primer.

If you're interested, email mdiskplaylist[at]gmail.com with the subject "Primer Narrator."

In the body of the email, answer the following questions:

1. Which game would you be interested in narrating?
2. Your personal attatchment to the game (how much it means to you, fondest memory, etc...)
3. (Optional) Tell me something you know about the composer and/or the soundtrack of the game that you don't think is
common knowledge. You don't have to answer #3, but answering it will improve your chances of being selected for a narrator
position.

Note: You can apply to narrate for multiple games. You'll have to answer questions 1-3 for each game you're interested in.

And if you have one, please include some sort of demo reel. If you don't have a demo reel, or a link to ANYTHING containing a recent recording of your voice, then record an introduction of sorts and send that as an attachment. No shorter than 30 seconds. I'm not particular on the audio format, but at least try to make the audio sound clear.

The games currently scheduled to be on the upcoming VGM Primer, and their composers:

-Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (Noriyuki Iwadare)
-Kirby Super Star (Jun Ishikawa)
-Mario Kart 64 (Kenta Nagata)
-NiGHTS into Dreams (Naofumi Hataya, Tomoko Sasaki, and Fumie Kumatani)
-Pilotwings 64 (Dan Hess)
-Parappa the Rapper (Masaya Matsuura, and Yoshihisa Suzuki)
-Pokemon Red/Green (Junichi Matsuda)
-Sakura Wars (Kohei Tanaka)
-Super Mario 64 (Koji Kondo)
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Yoko Shimomura)

Extensive knowledge of these games isn't required, as I will have them already researched for you (although you are encouraged to add to the outline I send you, if you know something that I don't). The most important thing I am looking for from a narrator is passion and enthusiasm for the game you're interested in.

There is no set deadline for applications.

Also, this is NOT a paid project. I will not promise that your involvement in the primer will give you "exposure." However, I can promise you experience and practice in narration. I can also promise an outlet for expressing your love for any of the games to be featured in the primer.

Thank you and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment