Sunday, September 10, 2017

Changes

Hey.

I notice it's been a long time since I actually posted a new episode of the M Disk Playlist...I seem to be having that problem lately. No matter how many times I'll say "it's coming..." it ends up not coming sooner than I want.

So I got to thinking, maybe podcasting isn't the direction I need to go with the M Disk Playlist. So, the modern chiptune episode will undoubtedly be the last podcast episode I do. I have the outline written out, and I am ready to record. I just haven't had the time and/or energy to do so yet. And if that's going to be a continuing problem, then I can't continue the podcast format.

HOWEVER....

I am not putting an end to the M Disk Playlist as a whole. I still believe in the potential behind it. Later this month, I will be getting a brand new computer. The one I'm currently using is a Windows 7 PC that I got back in 2010 for as cheap as possible because my previous computer got wrecked, and I had an online homework assignment due very soon at that time. I couldn't wait. I had to get what I could on the shortest possible notice. I'm amazed it's lasted this long....but it's not the kind of computer I can use to help me do projects like these.

In my last post, I mentioned making an M Disk video project of sorts. With a new computer, I'll be able to get the absolute best video editing software I can afford, and be able to take M Disk in that direction. The videos will focus on what I've been striving to achieve with M Disk all this time:

-The history, technology, and context of video game music.

I might make an alternative to the podcast format for those of you who don't care for videos, and would rather entertain themselves with audio-only shows. But for now, this is the direction I will be taking with the M Disk.

Thank you to everyone who has supported and encouraged me up to this point. Thank you to the guests that have appeared on my shows. The M Disk wouldn't be what it is without you guys.

But if the M Disk is to live, and not die out for no reason, I have to evolve it.

And evolve it I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment