Tuesday, May 29, 2018

M Disk Gauntlet: Audiosurf


For #RhythmGameMonth, I will be challenging Audiosurf, a game that let's you play puzzle/race tracks based on whatever music you want.

I plan on playing up to 100 random non-videogame music from my personal music folder, as my way of giving you guys a small taste of the kind of music I like other than videogame music. Here's the list of music I plan on using for the Audiosurf challenge.

PART 1:

1. Deep Purple - Highway Star
2. Shaman's Harvest - Broken Dreams
3. Nujabes feat.Shing02 - Battlecry
4. The Jets - Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers Theme
5. Anamanaguchi feat. Hatsune Miku - Miku
6. Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
7. Levi Stubbs - Mean Green Mother From Outer Space
8. Danny Elfman - Beetlejuice Theme Song
9. Tim Curry - Toxic Love
10. Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
11. Fire Bomber - Seventh Moon
12. Seal - Crazy
13. Kazsin - Stardust
14. Sweet - Ballroom Blitz
15. Mitsuko Horie - Golden Queen Galaxia
16. Alter Bridge - Metalingus
17. Talking Heads - Love For Sale

PART 2:

18. Animusic - Drum Machine
19. Megumi Ogata - Platinum
20. Ricky Martin - Living La Vida Loca
21. Tevin Campbell - Stand Out
22. Joe Hisaishi - Kids Return
23. Malice Mizer - Beast of Blood
24. Golden Earring - Radar Love
25. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
26. Billy Joel - Why Should I Worry?
27. Bell Biv Devoe - Poison
28. Maria Takeuchi - Plastic Love
29. AYABIE - Ryuusei
30. Aaliyah - Try Again
31. Radiohead - My Iron Lung
32. Run DMC - The Kings
33. Gorillaz - 19 2000
34. globe - Seize the Light
35. Busta Rhymes, Coolio, LL Cool J,  Method Man, and B Real - Hit em High (the Monstars Anthem)
36. Tia - Deal With the Devil
37. Zard - Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku
38. Mob Choir - 99
39. Kouji Makaino - Kon'ya wa Hurricane

PART 3:

40. m.o.v.e. - Destiny
41. Ayumi Nakamura - Kaze ni Nare
42. MACROSS 82-99 - Thank You
43. LUNA - Free Somebody
44. SEAMO - Lupin the Fire
45. TWO MIX - Love Revolution
46. Earth, Wind and Fire - Let's Pop Together Groove Tonight
47. Black Biscuits - Timing
48. Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen Tons
49. Ishida Yoko - Ai No Senshi
50. Megumi Hayashibara - Infinity
51. Savage Garden - I Want You
52. Mandy Moore - Extrordinary
53. Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
54. Garbage - Stupid Girl
55. Cheap Trick - Born to Raise Hell
56. hide - Pose
57. Hikaru Midorikawa - Shooting Star
58. Spice Girls - Who Do You Think You Are?
59. Alice Cooper - Feed My Frankenstein
60. Scatman John - Scatman

PART 4:


61 - 100. ???

So as you can see, a little bit of everything :) Should be fun!

The challenge will almost definitely be three or four videos. Instead of recording only (up to) four playthroughs, I will be playing+recording as I go along. Mainly to ensure that I can actually fit 100 songs in four two hour videos....hopefully I won't have to go that far, but we'll see.

Part 1 will have the first 20 songs on this list, and I will be ready to upload that as early as this weekend. Part 2 is halfway recorded. Still got room to record more footage until I hit the near two hour mark.

My goals for this challenge are as followed:

-Get 60 different gold medals.
-Get on the leaderboard 30 different times.
-Get #1 on a leaderboard 10 different times (excluding leaderboards where I'm the ONLY one on it).

The leaderboard portions of the challenge are at the time I recorded the song. So if I get the #1 spot on a leaderboard at the time of recording, and then someone else beats my score before I upload the footage, I'll still count it.

So...quite a different kind of challenge. But I wanted to give myself some realistic goals for a game as open-ended as Audiosurf. Didn't want this to be too easy, nor do I want this to be too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment