Monday, December 26, 2016

State of 2017

So 2016 is almost at an end. As I complete another year of M Disk, I've learned some new things, and have realized some things that I hope will help improve this podcast.

First, I'm going to reduce the number of guest-centric episodes. What I mean by that is, while guest-centric episodes are lots of fun, it's becoming harder to produce them. I also feel like I hold back on producing more episodes simply because I can't find guests to discuss certain topics with. Like Koji Kondo, for example. So expect more "super shuffle" episodes in 2017. And expect some of those super shuffle episodes to focus on game composers. Because there are a lot of game composers I would still like to produce episodes on, but haven't been able to just because I couldn't find anyone else to talk to about said composers. Not anymore. Come 2017, I'm going to make the kind of episodes I want, with or without guests.

BUT WAIT.

I do already have plans for one guest-centric episode. So don't think I'm putting a hiatus on guest-centric episodes right away. Apricotsushi will be coming back on M Disk to discuss the music of the Ys series!



A fantastic series with a fantastic series. Red Book audio in the 90s never sounded better than they did in the Ys games. Apricotsushi and I briefly covered Ys in the Yuzo Koshiro episode. But we were only limited to his personal contributions. With this episode, we're going all over the Ys series. Not just Koshiro's works, but arrangements of his works, and later contributions to the Ys series from the Falcom Sound Team.

That's all I'm prepared to announce right now :) Sorry guys!

Another plan I have for next year, which doesn't really have anything to do with the podcast itself, is I will be keeping a log of the games I beat next year. That may seem kind of boring, but I want to do this because....well...I have A LOT of unfinished games. Check out my backloggery account, you'll see. So, I decided that for each game I beat, I will add $1 to a video game savings fund. If I want to buy a $20 game, I have to beat 20 games. If I want to buy a $60 game, I have to beat 60 games. If I want to buy the Switch, I have to beat at least 200 games. I am super serious about doing this. And for each game I do beat, I would like to write a short article about that games soundtrack, if possible. Now, I did say that I would like to do this (the article idea). Doesn't mean I actually will. But I'm determined.

That's all for now! Have a good rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment