Thursday, June 23, 2016

Personal Favorite Vocal Music of the Sonic Series



I don't do "personal favorite" topics often. Well, the super shuffle podcast episodes could be considered "favorites" of mine, but I give myself limits on what I can and cannot include on those lists. So those aren't 100% pure "personal favorite" lists. But this one is.

Just like the Mega Man series, the Sonic series had a great balance of background music with vocal music. I want to take this moment to post some of my favorite vocal tracks from the Sonic series, not in a typical "shuffle" format. But more of a "here's some YouTube rips, click 'em" format. Also, this list isn't in any specific order. Just listing as many of the memorable tracks that I can think of. If I left out your favorite, then remind yourself that it's YOUR favorite, not mine :)

Now I cannot make a favorite Sonic vocal music list without listing the one good thing about Sonic R for the Saturn.

Super Sonic Racing (Sonic R)

When I did the Sonic CD Mega Shuffle episode, the North American Sonic Boom tracks overwhelmed the JPN/PAL vocal tracks. While Sonic Boom is pretty good (both versions), I like the JPN/PAL vocal tracks enough to mention here.

You Can Do Anything (Sonic CD)
AKA The Toot Toot Sonic Warrior song

Cosmic Eternity (Sonic CD)

For me personally, one of the best thing about the Sonic Adventure games are the vocal tracks that came from the games, and/or were composed for the games. 

Open Your Heart (Sonic Adventure)

Until Snake Eater came out, this was probably the best vocal track to have in the background of a climactic battle.

Live and Learn (Sonic Adventure 2)

Sonic Adventure 2 had some other vocal tracks that I grew fond of over the years.

Throw It All Away (Sonic Adventure 2)

Supporting Me (Sonic Adventure 2)

Escape From the City (Sonic Adventure 2)

Even the crappy Sonic games had pretty good vocal music. Like these gems from the amazing Steve Conte.

Seven Rings in Hand (Sonic and the Secret Rings)

Worth a Chance (Sonic and the Secret Rings)

And...what the hell, have some TV Sonic music. And by that I mean the best one of the bunch, which kinda sorta sounds like the stuff Crush 40 would produce much later on.

The Fastest Thing Alive (Sonic the Hedgehog/SatAM)

And that concludes this short, but simple list of vocal songs from the Sonic games (plus that one cartoon). 

Till next time, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment