Friday, May 27, 2016

2016 State of Summer

You know, I kinda like how I did my state of spring post. So I think I might make this a regular thing as the next season approaches. For the summer....man....I can't even begin to describe how much is actually going to happen in the summer. But luckily, I have enough content to announce to justify a state of summer post.

The first being my involvement with Retro Collect. A gaming website dedicated to the art of collecting, preserving, and enhancing the experience of retro gaming. I recently joined them as a contributor. You can read my first article here. There will be plenty more to come from me in the coming months. I'm working on an article right now actually, about the Sonic series.

Speaking of the Sonic series....



The next M Disk Playlist episode is on its way. A Mega Shuffle episode about the soundtracks of Sonic CD. It's already been recorded, and will be released before nerds around the world focus on E3 and nothing else, including me. And I won't just stop there. In addition to the M Disk episode, and the Retro Collect article, I will be posting a post here about some of my favorite vocal music from the Sonic series.

Next, I will be returning to the Anime Nostalgia podcast to discuss Joe Hisaishi's work. Joe Hisaishi is one of my all time favorite composers. It will be a thrill to discuss his work with Usamimi, and to answer questions her friends and fans have about him. Joe Hisashi's contributions to video games are worth noting here, since I more than likely won't get a chance to talk about them on the episode. Before becoming famous, he was a piano teacher. One of his students was an elementary aged Yuzo Koshiro. Also, he did a tremendous job with the soundtrack to the JRPG Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Here's one of my favorite tracks for reference; Fragments of Hearts, the Japanese version. Performed by him, with vocals by his daughter, Mai.


Okay, and now to discuss what I have planned specifically for this podcast in the summer months!

July 2016 - Episode 16: Animal Crossing


Just as I will be returning to Usamimi's podcast, Usamimi will be returning to mine as well! We will discuss the wonderful, relaxing, and soothing sounds from the entire Animal Crossing series. As fun as the series is, the soundtrack doesn't nearly get as much attention as it deserves, and I'm not just talking about K.K. Slider's work. It won't be long before this episode is recorded, so I will be taking all Animal Crossing related questions/comments now.

August 2016 - Episode 17: Super Shuffle - Title Screen Themes


Awhile back, the OverClocked Podcast did an episode featuring a playlist of title screen themes. I suggested they include the Secret of Mana title screen theme, Angel's Fear. After the release of the episode, and hearing the other suggestions, I thought "man, title screens had some kick ass music." And then I thought of other great title screen themes that either weren't included, or title screen themes I should have suggested. So the idea to do a title screen super shuffle episode was born. 

September 2016 - Episode 18: Castlevania



The Castlevania series is truly one of the best. Everything about it works to near perfection. The protagonists, the antagonists, the settings, the aesthetics, the monsters, and of course, the soundtrack. I don't have a guest picked out for this episode yet, but there's plenty of time to find someone who is just as enthusiastic about the Castlevania series and/or its soundtrack as I am. 

So that's my summer! Things could always change of course. And when they do, I'll let you guys know.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment