Friday, March 11, 2016

State of Spring

Wow, I need to use this more often. Sorry about that guys! I'll make it up to you with a big post on what I have planned for the spring. Think of this as a podcast press release of sorts. I like to plan my episodes in advance as best as I can. Planning for the spring season has been the easiest since I started the M Disk nearly a year(!) ago. So I feel very compelled to do this.

First, upcoming episodes of the M Disk!



Episode 12, Yuzo Koshiro with special guest Apricotsushi. We recorded this episode early, before we got too busy with our own life commitments. It just needs to be edited, so we should be seeing this episode released fairly soon.


Episode 13, the April episode, will be a Super Shuffle episode devoted to fighting game music. You might be too busy kicking someones ass, or trying to defend yourself from getting your ass kicked to enjoy the music that fighting games can offer. This super shuffle edition of the M Disk aims to highlight some of the best music you'll hear in fighting games.



Episode 14, the May episode, will cover the music of David Wise. Arguably best known for the Donkey Kong Country series. But he is more than that, as this upcoming episode will highlight. For this episode, I will be joined with a brand new guest; Azure.



Episode 15 will be the first episode of its kind. I will call this type of episode a Mega Shuffle episode, and it will focus on the soundtracks of Sonic CD. Yep, the Sonic CD soundtrack for the NA release, AND the original soundtrack for the JPN and PAL releases. The Sonic CD soundtrackS. I'm not ready to go into detail on what this episode will be like ;) So you'll have to wait for more info.

And those are the upcoming M Disk episodes I'm ready to announce. Of course I have others planned, but planning is different from knowing that you can actually do the episodes ;)

Other than M Disk episodes, I'm continuing to support OverClocked in my own ways. For starters, you should listen to the OverClocked podcast. Every week, I've contributed to their themed playlist segments. My recommendations range from lesser known tracks, to stand outs. It ultimately depends on the theme.

Second, I promised full reviews of OverClocked albums starting with the first one released this year. And that time has finally come. BadAss: Boss Themes Volume III has been released this week. You should download it. The other two volumes were great, so I have no doubt this one will be great as well. Full album coming very soon.

Third, in case you haven't heard from the rearrangement episode, I am currently helping on a potential Terranigma arrangement album called Paths Less Traveled Volume 1. If you're a musician, and you love Terranigma, you should join. We're still looking for artists.

There might be a fourth way I'm supporting OverClocked, but I'll save that for another time.

Anyway, that's all I have to say regarding the future of the M Disk Playlist for now. Till next time!

~Nitro

No comments:

Post a Comment