Wednesday, July 1, 2015

04 Metal Gear feat. Kevbo32 (NSFW)



This is the first episode of the M Disk Playlist that focuses on a video game series rather than a specific composer. Joining me for this episode is my friend of nearly 30 years, and my go-to person for all things Metal Gear, Kevin AKA Kevbo32. While music isn't the first thing that comes to a lot of peoples minds when they think of Metal Gear, but that doesn't take away from how great the music is regardless. Kevin and I take the time to discuss our favorite and most memorable tracks from the Metal Gear games (that Hideo Kojima actually wrote and directed), while reminiscing over our fondest memories of Metal Gear. We also touch on how music is used to help build the anticipation for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and the affect 80s music can have on missions in Phantom Pain. To say that there will be SPOILERS in this episode would be a gross understatement. 

I do have some sad news, the audio quality isn't at it's best. There are parts of the episode that sound a bit scrambled. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.





Bonus Information:
E3 2015 gameplay demo of Phantom Pain (and I can promise all of you, my reaction to finding out about collecting tapes with music on them is 100% genuine)

No comments:

Post a Comment